Your Yahoo password is valid for your entire Yahoo account. This means that is not only valid for Yahoo Mail, but also for Yahoo Messenger, Yahoo Chat, My Yahoo, Yahoo Finance and all other Yahoo services.
Your Yahoo Password is initially set up at the time the original account was created but may be changed at any time as required following these steps:
- Sign into your Yahoo account with your current password
- Click the <Account Info> or <My Account> link located at the top of the page.
- Re-enter your current password for verification purposes
- Click the <Change Password> link
- Enter your Current Password in the first box
- Enter your New Password in the second box (For security purposes, your password must always be a minimum of
6 characters long. Passwords are also case sensitive. It is always a good idea to combine both upper and lower case letters, as well as combining numeric values).
- Re-enter your New Password in the third box for confirmation
- Click the <Save> button.
Remember, your Yahoo Password will apply to your entire Yahoo account.
- Protect your account by ensuring your password is easily remembered by you but difficult for others to guess. Never re-use passwords and never share passwords with others.
- Changing your password frequently will also provide greater protection for your accounts and for your private information.