AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) passwords are initially set up at the time the account is created but may be changed at any time as required.
Note: These instructions pertain to the AIM 5.9 client for Microsoft Windows. The process may be different for other AIM clients.
- Open the <My AIM> menu on AIM client
- Select <Edit Options>
- Enter your current AIM password
- Enter your New Password
- Re-Enter your New Password again to validate
- Press <OK>.
- Protect your account by ensuring your password is easily remembered by you but difficult for others to guess.
- Never re-use passwords and never share passwords with others.
- Changing your password frequently will also provide greater protection for your accounts and for your private information.